Unique Dorm Room Decor Ideas For Prepsters
Preps – you know who you are. From the overly dapper to the casual loafer collector, you rock freshly pressed khakis and blazers like no one’s business.
While your numbers may have been overtaken by hipsters, there are still plenty of awesome ways to pull off your preppy look with mad style – especially on campus. Let your style flow from your wardrobe into your decor! From room accessories to major furniture buys, Wheatpaste has compiled a fantastic selection of dorm room decor that will satisfy even the preppiest of preps. Check out what we’ve found below to help make your dorm room decor the classiest in class.
1. Vintage Baseball Wall Art from Wheatpaste Art Collective ($119)
Aaron Christensen’s top selling baseball canvas prints have been a WP favorite since day 1. Available in both red and blue, this faux-distressed, vintage inspired art is in it for the long haul, from t-ball to the major leagues.
2. Locust Locker Cabinet from Urban Outfitters ($179)
Store your belongings in style with this academic meets preppy dorm room decor furniture from UO. Industrial chic and functional? Sign us up.
3. Beadboard Basic Bed + Trundle from PBTeen ($329 – $1,695)
OK, we admit this works better in an apartment than as dorm room decor. Still, you can’t go wrong with this cottage-inspired bed frame that practically screams New England polo bedroom.
4. Buttoned Up Ottoman from Urban Outfitters ($229)
Elegant, understated, timeless. This ottoman does it all and looks great doing it.
5. Chevron Picture Frame from Garnet Hill ($28)
Frame your fave snaps from the latest crew race, rugby tournament, or just hanging with your pals! These frames work as the perfect dorm room decor accessory and come in tons of classic colors.
6. Monogrammed Classic Stripe – Navy & Red Lamp from Wheatpaste Art Collective ($188)
From bath towels to beach bags, we all know how much preps love monograms – don’t deny it. Shed some light on the rest of your dorm room decor with these impeccably styled table lamps that come with a variety of striped colors.
7. Red Plaid Pillow from the Well Appointed House ($158)
Consider this your obligatory plaid accent. Not want, NEED.
8. British Flag Wall Art from Wheatpaste Art Collective ($69)
Hail Brittania! Pay homage to the home of mod fashion, good ol’ England. Show off your British pride with vintage-inspired art by Aaron Christensen!
9. Preppy Paper Desk Accessories – Black + White Map from PBTeen ($39)
A tidy desk means a tidy brain. Keep clutter to a minimum with these global desk accessories from PBTeen.
10. Lilly Pulitzer Sister Florals Comforter Cover from Garnet Hill ($128 – $188)
Ah, back to the monograms. What did we tell you? While preppy guys may prefer argyle or plaid, preppy gals can keep their decor crisp and fresh with this set of floral bedding.
What are some of your favorite preppy dorm room decor ideas?